French Chick Peas
AVRERAGE NUTRITIONAL VALUES
100g / % Contributions
Soak overnight, discard the soaking water and pour the chickpeas in a large volume of cold salt water.
Cook after boiling for 45 min over low heat, covering.
(To facilitate digestion, add a few grains of cumin, green anise or fennel or a little Kombou seaweed to the cooking water).
- The most famous use: the chickpeas present in couscous.
- The Indians have created many recipes based on chickpeas (soups, purees or stews).
- In the Middle East, hummus is made with chickpea puree, lemon juice, olive oil and sesame puree (tahini).
- In Israel, they are made into falafels, kinds of dumplings or pancakes seasoned with various herbs and spices and then fried in oil.
- You can make a coffee substitute by roasting the beans and then grinding them.
Advice: it is recommended to combine legumes and cereals to benefit from their respective protein and amino acid contributions which are complementary (2/3 of cereals for 1/3 of legumes).
Vous aimerez aussi :